Re: Re: Nasty way of stealing our trucks? (and, my continuing foglight saga)

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 18:01:49 EST

I also being a locksmith have access to this info, and the info isn't as
hard to get as most would think. I've called CCMC (they handle chrysler
roadside) and been able to get key codes without any resistance whatsoever,
even my own. Now once you have the keycode getting a locksmith to cut the
key is rather easy. Everyone that works for me checks ID but I'm sure there
some places that don't. Basically any Bozo with a key-punch and a code book
can take a car without forcing entry.
This is why the advent of the transponder keys has come up. It takes
(depending on the car) either a second code or a comp to add keys to the
comp that allow the car to start.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1