Re: Lift blocks.

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 17:54:54 EST

In a message dated 12/18/1999 3:42:13 PM Central Standard Time,
wrhuston@mtu.edu writes:

<<
 Has anyone ever heard of breaking a 2" lift block in half? This is the
 kind that goes between the axle and the springs. One of mine broke on me
 last night, and then spit it out. Due to the fact that the other side
 still had lift in it, I couldn't get the center pin to line up, leaving
 the axle to move around. After tieing the axle to the spring, I had a
 rather interesting drive home! I was just wondering if anyone else has
 heard of this happening, and what could have caused it. The only thing I
 can think of is that the block was defective. I just used the cheap $20
 kit. Anyone have any recommendations for a good brand of blocks? I would
 like to get my truck mobile soon because of X-mas trips.

Go to your local steel supplier and buy some 2" square tubing,thickest wall
they carry and drill the holes for the pin and center bolt,Guaranteed not to
break again.
You already have your U Bolts just unbolt and put in your new blocks.

MrDakota95