Re: Mother of all jacks (Kyle)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 22:58:55 EST

> Well my 60" high-lift jack showed up today and all I can say is, DAMN -
What a MOTHER! This thing is monstrous!

> I measured it and you get almost 4 feet of travel (46" to be exact) if
your
> using it as a winch. So basically, if ya' can't get yourself out with
this
> thing you better start thinking about plan B. ;-)
>
> I was looking for things to lift with it (including Karen :-) until she
gave me
> the evil eye so I'll have to wait 'till after Christmas (or until she goes
> sleep) to give it a proper test.
>
> The 60" may be just too damn big though. I think the next smaller one may
be a bit handier than this monster. Mute point for me though, I've got the
big
> rauncher!

Tom,
Good to hear you got it!! You really second guessing getting the 60"
Model??? Really that is the main reason I want one, is for the winching
aspect of it, secondly being the jack aspect. Is the 60incher really heavy?
Thanks for the update Tom. Now I may need to reconsider my options and keep
the 48" model still in the running.......
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6