Re: cross country trip

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 16:42:05 EST

At 12:46 PM 12/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 05:54 PM 12/20/99 , you wrote:
>>Hello all, any advice for my trip in August 2000 we will be traveling from
>>Boston mass to Huntington beach cal. I'll be towing a small pop up trailer
>>with my 99ccv-6auto
>
>I tow a small aluminum fishing boat with my 97 V6. Your pop-up shouldn't
>be much heavier and it's probably more aerodynamic. I use OD all the time
>with my boat and it's like there's nothing back there. Even going up hills
>is no problem. The only time you might have to come out of OD is at high
>altitude in the mountains where your engine will lose power.

If this is your first time out West, watch out for the mountains!!!! I took
my family on a 10,000 mile vacation
this past summer, Baltimore Md. to Wash. St., down the coast to Mexico (not
into ;-)) then back through
Texas and home. When I got home my front brake rotors and pads were toast,
and my tranny fluid
was black! It seems thier mountains were a little bigger than what I was
used to!! After stopping and
smelling my brakes frying, I started driving down hill in second, then the
tranny quit shifting!! So,
finally I started switching between the two methods and driving a little
slower (this was in a conversion
van!) this worked better, but the damage was done! Just be careful and
enjoy the view, the scenery
out West is unbelievable. We borrowed a Sony digital camera and took over
400 images!

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto (project)
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)