RE: Re[2]: terraserver

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 20:46:57 EST

> At 07:51 PM 12/20/99 , you wrote:
> >NO they don't fly them underground..gee...
>
> I didn't think so. Now, I'm sure they don't do their alien
> autopsies out on
> the tarmac, but the airplanes...
>
> >About just as large restricted area as Edwards AFB. Anyplace
> that test
> >"experimental" aircraft you have have a large "splat" area
> free of "other"
> >flying objects. Imagine the media mess if one of these "experimental"
> >happens to hit a civilian aircraft that is flying too close, or has a
> >malfunction of some sort and splatters into a populated area.
>
> Still doesn't explain why they take such extreme measures to
> keep people
> from getting close enough on the ground to even see the base
> from miles
> away. They even have detectors that can *smell* a human
> approaching long
> before the person gets to where they can see the base. They
> don't do that
> if their hiding "nothing".

Well don't forget too that there are folks that are hostile to the US and
would think nothing of getting off a few snapshots of "our" new technology
that both you and I paid for. As for human detectors, wrong there... It's
called "ground survellence radar". It's been in use since Vietnam.

> >I sit partially corrected. The key here they had tower clearance. But
> >certain bases are off-limits period(Groom Lake,Edwards AFB,
> Aberdeen Proving
> >Grounds,WhiteSands to name a few).
>
> Which goes back to my original point...the only people who
> they are keeping
> these places secret from are the American people...and we're the ones
> paying for them.

See my point above. You want "new" technology in the hands of folks like the
Wacky Iraqi? Or are you a subversive??? Or worse a PINKO??? [doing my Col.
Flagg impersonation]... Oh wait the Cold War ended... or did it????

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ