Re: ABS on front wheels? Opinions needed.

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 17:33:27 EST

I too live in Kalifornia, and you know as well as I do
that when/if it rains, the roads are very slippery. A
panic stop or too with rear only abs makes for some
interesting driving (you lock up the fronts, and can't
steer). I have had rear only on my '91 LE, '95 SLT,
and '99 RT. My wife has had 4wheel abs on both '99 RT
& '99 4x4, and had two occations where the ABS made a
big difference (icy road in mountains, and panic stop
on a curve) in control. I went with the 4 w/abs on my
new '00 RT, and I've had it kick in twice (yesterday
as a matter of fact, while pushing the RT to the
limits with new Hotchkis suspension...he he: 10
minutes to drive 8 miles on a road w/20-25 curves,
with a few 10 MPH tight ones, at night.)

What kind of truck are you looking for anyway??? You
should be able to choose from quite a selection in So.
Cal. (I drove to Banning from San Diego for my '00 RT,
and to Van Nuys from San Diego for my wife's '99 4x4).

Sam '00 RT

--- William Harrison Hiatt III