Re: Are "Old" Rams any good?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 11:42:18 EST

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 NVMYDakota@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/28/99 1:58:06 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:
>
> > Meyer plow
>
> Personally I wouldn't buy anything that ever plowed, I have seen so many
> trucks that are beat to shit becuase of this (It doesn't matter how good you
> are to your truck plowing isn't what they were designed for...) As for a 92
> Ram, get it, there all good, ther no where near as refined, the ride is kinda
> harsh, but they haul ass, my Manager has a 93 Ram RC 4by if he throws it in 4
> low and guns it (Stupid but fun) it'll really throw ya back in you seat hehehe
> Greg

    I asked the sales guy about that (yeah, I know, not exactly an unbiased
opinion) because I had heard that plowing will really beat up a truck,
like bend up the frame, etc... He said no way will it ever bend the frame,
and that most of the damage due to plowing is from driving into bushes
and trees and such. He mentioned that a friend of his has an '85 truck
(he didn't say what make) which the guy has used since then for commercial
plowing duty and its going as strong as ever. He said its all in how you
drive it...

  As far as trucks not being designed to plow, I don't know much about
that, but if that's the case, why does DC offer a snow plow prep package,
and you can also get a plow through the Mopar accessories catalog... ?

   I plan to stick this truck on a lift and look it over before committing
to a purchase; what should I look for as far as damage due to plowing?

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |