Re: Re:18 HOUR TOWING TRIP HELP!!!

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 12:44:28 EST

I've got the 6x9 mirrors and have that towing package but i guess i'll need
to get one of those adapter things from my truck lights to the trailer lights
huh? Thanks though I would never have thought of checking the trailer out
especially for a spare! I am completelt ignorant about towing, man what a
moron i am!

Joe G.

<<
 Last winter, I picked up a brand new boat (19 foot low profile Jetboat/454
 chevy) in Amarillo TX and trailered it back to Indiana (over 1000 miles),
 with gas and pee breaks only. My suggestions are as follows - if you don't
 have the large 6x9 mirrors, do yourself a favor and get them. Get a
reciever
 hitch if you don't already have one. As far as 5th gear - tow in 5th on the
 flat stretches, and shift into 4th only when necessary, up hills, etc. Make
 sure the boat trailer has a spare tire and the hubs are in good condition
 (bearing buddies are best). Put a heavy duty signal flasher unit in the
 truck, to keep the turn signals on the trailer and truck working at normal
 speed. If you use a regular flasher, the signals will blink very rapidly.
 Take your time and keep a good eye on your side view mirrors for problems
 with the trailer and to keep it between the lines. Don't expect to get any
 decent mileage. Have fun.

 SteveM.