Re: Re:18 HOUR TOWING TRIP HELP!!!

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 16:26:02 EST

Joe, I can't imagine driving 1,000 miles in 4th! If the truck isn't lugging
and you're at the speed you want, use 5th. 4th would be a waste of gas and
extra wear & tear on the engine. I've done this trip many times, several
times towing without any problems. Just try to pick a day that's not windy,
that's what will wear you out faster than anything.

Oh, and do you like milk? A cup of coffee or coke and I'm hunting a place
to stop after 45 minutes - don't have that problem drinking milk!
Cal Hyer