Coil advice

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 13:15:50 EST

When I was visiting with Bernd on Sunday, he plugged in his toy (DRB
tool) and it kept spitting out a code about my coil being weak, even
though he kept on clearing the code, and my wiring was correct, it kept
on coming up, but strangely, I got no check engine light. Maybe this
would have something to do with my crappy mpg recently (only 1500 miles
since tune-up, plugs, cap, rotor, and 500 since Mobil 1 oil & filter
change). So, who makes a good coil that will bolt right up to the stock
location?? Since I have a MSD 6A, it makes sense to me to find a MSD
coil if they make a direct replacement for the Magnums. HELP!! I don't
want this thing to go "poof" on my next road trip!! I have just about
50,000 miles on it now, with 700 miles put on it on Sunday alone!!
Thanks a bunch.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts