Re: Re:18 HOUR TOWING TRIP HELP!!!

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 14:45:55 EST

Here's another thought- You boat, will it be
covered?? If so, is it a 'towing' cover, or just the
standard boat cover??? A standard boat cover will
flap, and chaff the paint/gel coat on your boat. You
might have pulled it a short distance with that cover
on, with no damage, but on a longer (18 hour) trip,
you'll see the affects of the continual movement of
the cover on the boat.

Plan on short distances for fuel, usually 200 miles
with my truck. Also, don't push your truck to take
the grade at 70 mph because that's what you usually
run. You'll find out within the first couple of hours
what the truck will/will not do performance wise, and
just go with that.

Something to think about.

Sam '00 RT