Re: breaking in the 4.7L engines

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 15:52:54 EST

Don't use any of that stuff yet. It's really meant for old cars with major
carbon & sludge build up. All most of those things are, is a form of bleach
and it just cleans all of that crap out. but on a new car you'll kill your
seals.

Joe G.

<< OK. Last question for now, I PROMISE. What's the best way to break in
 your new Dakota? All advice is welcome. So far, I'm gonna change the oil
 at 1000 miles [i'll put in 5w-30 Mobil 1]. Anyone using prolong/duralube
 type stuff? All advice appreciated..
 William