Governor's on 4.7L?

From: William Harrison Hiatt III (william@corp.hiatt.net)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 01:51:52 EST

Well. I was coming home from seeing a movie with some friends. Decided
to take the good ol' tollroad this time. Flatter than you can imagine.
Well, Whne I got up to about 95-100mph and was doing roughly 3000RPM, it
would kind akick and go back down [the RPM's would lower, and the speed
would drop] like it was kicking the fuel out. My dad has a Corvette
that'll do the same thing, if your reve'd the engine too high at a
certain speed in a certain gear, it'll shut the fuel pump off. Is this
the same concept on my DAK? It's a 2000 Sport+ with the 4.7L V8 and Auto
transmission. Your input is appreciated [As always]

william