Re: Governor's on 4.7L?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 08:44:42 EST

At 10:51 PM 12/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Well. I was coming home from seeing a movie with some friends. Decided
>to take the good ol' tollroad this time. Flatter than you can imagine.
>Well, When I got up to about 95-100mph and was doing roughly 3000RPM, it
>would kind akick and go back down [the RPM's would lower, and the speed
>would drop] like it was kicking the fuel out. My dad has a Corvette
>that'll do the same thing, if your reve'd the engine too high at a
>certain speed in a certain gear, it'll shut the fuel pump off. Is this
>the same concept on my DAK? It's a 2000 Sport+ with the 4.7L V8 and Auto
>transmission. Your input is appreciated [As always] william

Back in Nov. '98, Jules (Magnum Performance owner) wrote in to say that
he found out that the new pcm for the 4.7L shuts down every other
injector and drys up every other hole when you hit the speed limiter.
If that wasn't bad enough, it then retards the timing.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.