Re: K&N vs. Quick D

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 08:44:52 EST

At 10:29 PM 12/29/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if there is a difference between a Quick D intake and a K&N
>GEN II intake? Is the part number for the K&N 57-1509? Jason

The Gen II includes a new air hat (not sure if the Quick D does) and has
the heat shield. The 1509 is the 14 x ? open air cleaner kit for the
'97+ V8 Dakotas. I currently using the 1503 kit and the air filter is
14" x 2.25". These kits include gasket, s-bolt, connector on base
plate for hose from the breather cap and the cleaning kit.

If you decide to get the 1509, I'd like to know how high the filter is.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.