Re: abs/threshold braking

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 09:33:08 EST

At 06:35 AM 12/30/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a '00 Dak with rear-wheel ABS, and I'm not sure it does anything.
>Those of you with rear only ABS, can you FEEL it work? Twice so far, once on
>wet pavement and once on dry pavement, I'm fairly sure the rear wheels
>locked up solid. I get no warning lights and the controller passes it's self
>test when I start the truck. <snip> Ned

I've felt it work on a few hard braking occasions (stop light changes in that
in between situation where a decision has to be made to go through an amber or
do a hard brake). The rear ABS did it's job ... tail end did not waver.
>From reading this thread, IMHO, I think some are expecting rear ABS to do the
same job as 4-wheel ABS (prevent front wheel lockup and maintain a good
degree of steering control).

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.