Re[2]: recommendations on MOPAR or 3rd party extras

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 13:55:21 EST

Yup. I agree with everything Frank says except for the hooks. Expensive, YES,
but it's one hell of an assembly you are buying/installing. I likes em.
Tom

Subject: Re: DML: recommendations on MOPAR or 3rd party extras
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 12/30/99 10:30 AM

The only thing that i would get from them is the hitch. Everything else you
can get better quality at a lower price. But it's nice to say when you're
selling a vehicle that the hitch came from the factory. Just MHO cause i
that piece of equipment is judged on it's toughness and quality, and from
the factory sounds better.
I wouldn't really care that the alarm came from the factory as there are so
many good alarm installers out there.
And as we've been talking about the crappy plastic skid plates that come
from the factory, save your money.
Bed liners rub away the bed, get a spray-on.
Brush guard, get aftermarket style that you like, way cheaper and you can
get one that doesn't look like every other Dodge truck.
And the Mopar tow hooks are waaay expensive.

Frank WJ