Re: Maintenance Required light in 91 Dakota

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 20:23:16 EST

At 04:11 PM 1/2/00 , you wrote:
>Hello, I am new on the DML. I have a 91 5.2 Dakota with 100,000 miles
>on it. Someone please tell me how to reset or disconnect the
>Maintenance Required light without going to the dealer. This light
>comes on whenever major service intervals are due, i.e., 30k, 60k, 90k.
>Dealer requires you to bring it in for full service before they will
>hook up their computer to it and reset the light.

Actually the light is for federally mandated service intervals for emission
equipment. There is no way to reset it without hooking it up to a computer.
If you don't care about the environment or about how your actions affect
others, go behind the dash and pull the light. Otherwise, bite the bullet
and have the work done.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"I say men with pierced ears are ready for marriage. They
have experienced pain and bought jewelry."-Rita Rudner