Plastic Headlight polishing?

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 15:06:50 EST

Hey All,
    I was wondering, I mean, all the cars with clear lenses (ya know not
frost like) always seem to be brighter than mine, so I am wondering if I cold
polish the inside of the plastic to a Nice Clear, not only would this look
cool, but it might really help with the lights. I am not sure though, anyone
with Wrecked Dakotas, could you please lemme know if the lense comes off the
housing, or if I'd have to cut it off them replace it, ti would be very cool
if this worked.

    I guess I have three questions:

-Does the lense come off the housing?
-Anyone ever polsih plastic? If so what'd ya use?
-Could this be done wihtout taking off the shape of the lens (aka the
actually lense itself, I don't want a piece of clear plastic, I want to
remove the frost color of the lenses so that they allow more light through.

    Greg