Re: 2000 Chrysler Nationals (formerly C@C)

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 08:49:33 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Bob Tom wrote:
>
> > Hey, everyone
> >
> > Anyone given any serious thought about the 2000 Chrysler Nationals?
> > The dates are July 14,15,16/2000. Carlisle Events has updated their
> > web site. You'll find it at: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com
>
> Yep, I'm hoping to go again this year.

Sounds good to us as well. I've been looking forward to it since we got
back from the last one. I'm glad we have some time to recover in
between, though :-).

> > I'm just about recovered from the last one and am considering going
> > again but would like to go down on a Thursday instead and return on
> > the Saturday at a more decent time.
>
> I agree. I'd like to be down there, all rested up on Friday morning, so
> I'll actually be able to see the whole thing this year! :-) As far as
> racing goes, I'm not sure if I'll be doing any or not... I may just park
> it in the fun field again, and wander around, drooling. If any other
> DML'ers go racing, I'll be there for sure, camcorder in hand! :-)

I also agree with heading down on Thursday. What are your thoughts on
return time? We were thinking about booking the hotel for Saturday
night as well in case we don't feel like hitting the road Saturday night
again. Bob and Jon, I'm sure you remember that I don't do too well with
night driving for that far of a distance. If we do decide to head back
on Saturday at a decent time, we would just cancel the extra night.

> > I noticed that the MML group have already started booking
> > their rooms at their usual hotel.
>
> Hmmm, probably wouldn't be a bad idea. What did you think of the place
> we stayed at last year? Its a little bit of a drive, but it seemed pretty
> decent to me, what with being next to that restauraunt and all.

It was a nice place. I've found that restaurants and motels can usually
be found pretty close to each other. Are there any motels a bit closer
to the grounds? I'm not opposed to where we were last year, but if we
can find a nice place to stay where we don't have to drive as far, it
might be worth thinking about.

Looking forward to it!

Jason