Re: 2000 Chrysler Nationals (formerly C@C)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 15:34:13 EST

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Bob Tom wrote:

> At 08:49 AM 1/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >I also agree with heading down on Thursday. What are your thoughts on
> >return time? We were thinking about booking the hotel for Saturday
> >night as well in case we don't feel like hitting the road Saturday night
> >again. Bob and Jon, I'm sure you remember that I don't do too well with
> >night driving for that far of a distance. If we do decide to head back
> >on Saturday at a decent time, we would just cancel the extra night.
>
> Going Thursday and staying Saturday night is okay with me. Is Jon able
> to stay over the Sat. night or does he have to get back for early Sun.?

   I will definitely be leaving on Saturday.

> >It was a nice place. I've found that restaurants and motels can usually
> >be found pretty close to each other. Are there any motels a bit closer
> >to the grounds? I'm not opposed to where we were last year, but if we
> >can find a nice place to stay where we don't have to drive as far, it
> >might be worth thinking about.
>
> I liked the place as well. It's a lot less expensive then staying in
> or too close to Carlisle ... from what I gathered from the MML posts.

   Yep, especially if you can find a homeless DMLer to share the
bill with ya. (Hey, Boog!) :-)

> Let me know what you all decide so I can book the dates with the
> motel.

   Count me in for heading down on thursday. I'll be leaving on
Saturday, but that doesn't mean everyone else has to of course.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'