Re: SAD DAY FOR THE VIPER

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@tocquigny.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 09:52:04 EST

Pretty impressive that he could beat the Viper. Low 10's, high 9's is pretty damn quick. I know nailing it at anything under 60mph in my Z would blow the tires away. I saw a race a while back with a SC'ed Steeda against a N2O'ed Hennessy Viper. They went from 45 MPH roll and left me and my Z behind(I ran mid 11's at the time!) when out of no where came this jacked up (really high! looked dangerously top heavy) 4X4 and blew past both of them! He ran out of gear at 135 but it was still pretty cool. Turned out the 4X4 had a 350 in it with a 6-71 Roots style blower and a shot of squeeze to make it interesting.

"Morrison, Dennis" wrote:

> I saw a supercharged Vette a few days ago at the local BlockBuster. So of course I had to ask the guy --He said it is a '00 with "he clamed" better than 500hp. He would not give me an exact number but said it was tested before and after mods. The big gain he said was a low profile supercharger he had installed. Again he would not tell me by who. But I did see the car (street drag) a '99 Vette (mine) , a Viper GT/S '99, RamAir T/AM '98 and a Saleen Mustang I think '99. He beat the pants off all 4 of us. The Viper driver was very good but stood no chance against this guy. We did not have a "official" time keeper ,beings, that we where street draging, but if I had to guess he ran a low 10 maybe a high 9. And on the Highway coming home I could not keep up with him. He had to have been doing around 160 or better. I was doing 135ish and he was pulling away very, very fast. I do not know what the HELL this guy did but he said for around $65K (including price of car) he built a "Bad!
-A!

--
George Hernandez
Tocquigny Advertising + Design