SAD DAY FOR THE VIPER

From: Morrison, Dennis (DMorriso@ciena.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:50:23 EST

I saw a supercharged Vette a few days ago at the local BlockBuster. So of course I had to ask the guy --He said it is a '00 with "he clamed" better than 500hp. He would not give me an exact number but said it was tested before and after mods. The big gain he said was a low profile supercharger he had installed. Again he would not tell me by who. But I did see the car (street drag) a '99 Vette (mine) , a Viper GT/S '99, RamAir T/AM '98 and a Saleen Mustang I think '99. He beat the pants off all 4 of us. The Viper driver was very good but stood no chance against this guy. We did not have a "official" time keeper ,beings, that we where street draging, but if I had to guess he ran a low 10 maybe a high 9. And on the Highway coming home I could not keep up with him. He had to have been doing around 160 or better. I was doing 135ish and he was pulling away very, very fast. I do not know what the HELL this guy did but he said for around $65K (including price of car) he built a "Bad-A!
ss Vette". And the biggest kicke
r of all is, he said he did not really like Vettes. Go figure.