RE: Re: Fire suppression system Was: Where to put...

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 11:23:50 EST

> Summit has these setups with Halon? Wouldn't be that hard to
> make your own,
> save for maybe plumbing into the bottle. And how well would
> dry chem flow
> through long lines with distribution blocks(to split off for
> diff nozzles)??
>
> I want to do this after standing a LONG way back from my old
> Ferd 150 when
> it went roasty toasty.

Halon is good for enclosed spaces/electrical fires. For an engine bay use
drychem. Say for example your belt decides to fall apart and cuts your
tranny lines to the cooler, you'll have ATF spaying all over the inside of
your bay hitting those nice hot headers and such, Halon will snuff it out
momentarily, but once it is gone the fire will rekindle due the high temps
and flashover. Drychem by nature is messy, but will keep the fire out.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ