Re: SAD DAY FOR THE VIPER

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 12:00:14 EST

Well I agree with you jon but there is one thing you're missing. These
things do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. To me ,....... that's insanely fast,
to these guys who have the money to burn they want it faster. handling is
magnificent out of the box. These people who just have to throw money into it
to make it faster it's cause they just want to go faster. you bought a
20k/27k truck. you tacked on so much to add this and so much to add that and
now how much have you paid for it? Interpretation, brother. You say tomatoe
I say tomatoe. I don't think companies should produce cars faster than what
they are doing now. I think they should concentrate on efficiency. Now give
me a car that can do 0-60 in less than 4 secs, and get 40 MPG's!!!. Speed
kills brother, and i'll wait those extra seconds at the ramp to get on the
highway.

Joe G.

<< Well take for instance the viper/vette they go for around 70k/50k. With
about 20k-50k or so you can have a great fast car. What the hell is that
crap. I just spent $70,000, it should already be that fast. They are both
wonderful cars and I think they both look great. But there is no way I would
tear apart my 70k/50k car and void any warranty to make it a little faster,
maybe in 5 years. And we can all argue, for instance this Vette cost the guy
65k and beat the Viper, ok modified but the same price. I AM NOT COMPARING
THE 2, JUST PROVING A $$$$ POINT. and Yes you can take a Ford Festiva and
stick 20K into it and make it fast. I know the story. But I am a little
pissed at both Chevy and Dodge for not putting out a great AMERICAN car that
is "no holds barred".

    You can thank the insurance companies and the EPA for that...

 (Well, there *is* the competition Viper GTS-R, but that doesn't really count
 as they won't sell 'em to just anyone, and you'd probably have a tough time
 making it street legal. Plus, its over $300,000...)

                                               -Jon- >>