Pinging coverup?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 17:31:09 EST

Hey, all.

I came across this in the archives while searching for
SC information/experiences. No details as the subject
material was about SC ... just a remark made.

   <snip> Ron Connolly (my insert = owner of RC Performance Engineering
   in MI, and, at that time...may still be, a Chrysler employee) stated
   that due to his experience on Chrysler's flow bench he could modify
   the combustion chambers to prevent pinging that is actually caused by
   a design flaw. <snip>

That's it. It may explain why D-C has never come up with a solution
and does a fair amount of stonewalling about it.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.