Re: Cold-Air Intake

From: gmvega (gmvega@gateway.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 06:51:38 EST

I tried conduit on my truck, but at least the 3" was a lot heavier than the
exhaust tubing. Maybe you can find some thinner wall conduit. The clamps I
used are made from a 4" rubber/metal slleve used to join pipe. It has to be
cut to 3" diameter and re-glue with super glue. (mine has been in use for
almost two years without a problem). The corrugate stainless band that goes
over it really makes it look more professional and hides the seam. These
can be bought at Home Depot. I have several that I can sell you for what I
paid for them (about $5.50 each) if you can't find them.
lok at http://users.jnlk.com/dakrt/homemade.htm for details.

Gilbert Vega '98 BL CC R/T