Re: Under The Hood 2 questions

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 13:48:40 EST

On the 4.7 the plugs sit straight up, and should be easy to get out
(although i haven't tried it). The small black squares are individual coils
that sit on top of each plug, and the black tube that goes down into the
intake is the boot. There are no conventional plug wires.

As for hood insulation my SLT+ has it and I would think they all would but
maybe not.

If you think the plugs are tough to get, just wait till you try the oil
filter, you have to open a small access hatch at then reach up inside and
when the oil spills it gets all over this plastic shield and drips for a few
days. also it is at an angle so the plastic bag trick doesn't work.

Also the monkey (I mean robot) who puts the factory filters on is cranking
them way to hard. It is a bi##h to get off!!

Gary