Re: Remote Start Key question

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 20:47:48 EST

Yep. You know what I did to stop all that trash? I just never used the
factory alarm again... When I get out of the truck. I wait for ALL the
doors to get closed and all my passengers know not the push on the lock
switch inside teh truck. Because if you arm the aftermarket alarm before you
close the doors, that triggers the factory alarm too...

So. When you get out. just close all the doors, and lock it with the
aftermarket. when you come out. you don't have to worry about having the
factory alarm go off and shut off the dakota. Trust me. It isn't a funny
site to be around. makes you feel kinda stupid running at the truck trying
to disarm it with a lil keypad.
-Dester

<< I had a remote start installed in the Ram and the only problem I have is
it
 interfacing with the Factory Alarm system. The installer was not able to
 make the two work together. I finally got tired of bringing it back to the
 guy. As it is right now, to set the alarm with the starter remote, I have
 to arm it before I close the door. To disarm, I have to use the origional
 remote to disarm the the remote start unit to start the truck, or the alarm
 will go off, killing the motor, causing the check engine light to come on.
 I've been meaning to bring it to another installer, but haven't gotten
 around to it yet. After 8 trips, I decided not to let the first hack touch
 it anymore. >>