Re: Re: Remote Start Key question

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 15:52:19 EST

No, if you have a newer model Dak, it's true. I'm astonished that
noone on the DML seems to know this. They told me about it when I
picked up my Dak- I don't think it's even optional, it just is
there. The key sends an electric signal to the ignition- if it
doesn't get that signal, it will start, then cut out in a couple
seconds. I'm pretty sure there are instructions in the owners manual
about the key. They tell you how to program a new key for the
ignition, but you need 2 keys already set for the ignition to do it.
If you lose a key, you have to order a replacement from the factory
using the # that is on the little plastic bag the keys came in.
Flip