Re: Click-Click what was that???

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 13:32:08 EST

> At 08:17 PM 2/2/00 , you wrote:
> >OK got a question lately every 6th or 7th time I go to start my truck it
will
> >give me a click when I turn the key. It sounds just like the clicking
when
> >you have a dead battery but it is only one click. All the accessories
come
> >on, it's not a dead battery. Then I'll turn the key again and it'll fire
> >right up. So is it a blank spot on my starter, neutral safty switch,
> >selinoid, bad starter, what could it be? Thanks for the imput.

Just to make sure, and I know you dont think it is your battery, but how old
is your battery? Have you checked battery's condition lately with a tester,
other than just looking at the 'power green eye' on the battery? I cell
could be taking a puke/collapsing, etc. A dead battery can ruin a good day
and leave you stranded in unfavorable places. Just something to think about.
Good Luck. The clicking noise denotes to me that is may be a failing battery
or a starter related problem.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6