Seats/Bolts

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 18:29:25 EST

I might soon be swapping out my bench seat for some buckets. I have never
unbolted my Dak's seats so I have some questions. Dont laugh now(too hard),
as some of these questions might be basic knowledge to some. First, the
seats are mounted onto the seat rails. Are they just bolted onto these
rails? Is the hardware for these common bolts/nuts are am I only going to be
able to get them at the dealer? The rails then are what the seat slides back
and forth on and these rails are 'bolted' to the floorboards, correct? Are
the bolts which bolt the rails to the floorboard common hardware or an
dealer only item? Also, concerning the bolts/hardware which actaully attach
the seat rails/mounts to the floorboards.....are they just like self tapping
bolts or how do they work? Will I need to buy some type of speednut or
anything for the bolts to securely fasten to the floorboards? Thanks for any
and all info on this
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6