Re: No spark... advice please

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 01:26:09 EST

> I have no spark at the plugs, I'm replacing the plugs and wires tomorrow
> night, but I was wondering what else people have run into fairly
> unexpectedly. I'm also curious about plugs. Wires I have a brand I know
and
> trust, but plugs are kinda iffy for me. I also know there are alot of
> gimmicks that they are out with. (Bernd... I'm curious what you're
running,
> seeing as you're a fellow 6er) Keep in mind I have a totally stock engine,
> and it'll probably be that way for a while. Nothing is on the visible
> horizon.

Robert,
I have tried a few plugs on my V6 Dak on the current 118,000 mile old
engine. I have tried Splitfires, and really didnt notice anything with them.
I tried Bosch Platinum +4s and returned them after having them in my Dak for
3-4 days; they are horrible. I ran Champion Truck Plugs for a long time
before I installed my aftermarket ignition and was pleased with them. After
I installed the ignition, I bought a new set a of Truck Plugs, opened the
gap up to .050 and my Dak did run really like I thought it should. After
10,000 miles of having the Truck Plugs in, I took them out and they were
trashed. They looked as if they have been in for 40,000 miles. I took them
out and also returned them. I am currently running Autolite Copper plugs and
I think they help make my Dak run the best it ever has. Plus they are cheap!
No spark......did you check the coil wire???
Kyle
93 Dakota Sport Reg. Cab 4x4 V6; 3.55 LSD
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD Universal Wiring Harness, MSD 8.5MM Super
Conductors, Accel Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite
Copper Plugs(.050)