Re: Re: Trans Cooler

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 00:49:46 EST

> Anyone use Synthedic Tranny Fluid, Mobil 1 makes some ATF Synthedic? >is
it worth it, it's about $5.50 a quart?

> Greg

For my setup and maintenance, no; I am just running good ole Mopar 7176+3
ATF. I really dont think synthetic ATF has that much added benefits. I mean
I am running a 1ton tranny cooler and change my ATF/filter every spring, so
the ATF really never breaks down. I guess though if you dont want to do
regular preventative tranny maintenance, synthetic ATF might be a good way
to go for the extended drain intervals. If you are looking for synthetic
ATF, I would first look at what Amsoil has to offer. I am running Amsoil ATF
in my transfer case.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6