RE: MPI install with Jon's kit

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 21:23:29 EST

Jon's MPI kit looks great!!!

In the next week or two I hope to be taking my 360 apart and upgraded with
all the basic goodies (no real bottom end work though). So, I am
considering dropping the Bee Hive intake manifold and dropping in the MPI M1
but I'm concerned about loosing too much torque. I have a 5000 4x4 Durango
that currently has a 1/4 mile best of 16.059@84.91 MPH. I NEED all the low
end torque I can muster to get this heavy brick flying down the road (paved
or dirt).

If anyone has any before and after Dyno sheets showing where the torque
curve moves with the installation of the MPI M1 I would appreciate it!!!

John Mautz
'99 Durango SLT+, 5.9L, 4x4, 3.55 LSD, QuickD Air Intake, QuickD 51.75 mm
TB, Mesa Headers, Mesa 3" cat and 3" cat-back (Magnaflow), Dual Perma-cool
electric fans(1-14", 1-12"). Best 1/4 ET = 16.059@84.91