Tow Hooks.....Group buy??? (a bit long)

From: jason nahrgang (jasonnahrgang@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 01:14:09 EST

I'm working with a local fabrication shop to try to come up with a mounting
bracket to mount tow hooks on our daks. The shop does excellent work, lots
of Disco customers (custom bumpers, roll cages, jambo racks, etc). I
stopped by there a few days ago to inquire about the possibiliy of not only
the brackets but a group buy for the DML if they worked out. I have an
appointment for March 2 to have them made and looks like a group buy would
be a sure thing.
Basically, they're going to form a piece of 1/4 or 3/8 inch flat stock into
a square U-shaped (imagine the cross-section looking like a square with the
top side missing) bracket about 10 inches long. They will bolt right up to
the existing bumper mounting holes and will be designed to use chebby style
tow hooks although we can probably drill them for just about any type hook
if you want. The project will require holes to be cut in the air dam.
They're charging me 75 dollars American for the whole thing, so I imagine
once we get the specs right for mass production, prices for any group buy
will be lower.

Any intrest? (IF it works)

Jason Nahrgang
'97 V8 4x4 SLT+ 5spd