Re: Dying batteries

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 01:15:28 EST

Sounds plausible. No stalling here though, at least not yet. What's
this "red goop" you mentioned? I'm going to check the local auto parts
stores tomorrow (since I have to go out that way anyway...left something
at the office that I need to catch up on this weekend) for this cool
brush gizmo I saw the guy at AutoZone use on my friend's car last
weekend when we got her battery replaced, maybe I can pick up this red
goop as well?

The brush was actually 2 brushes that snap together to protect the
bristles. One's a "male" configuration, for cleaning the inside of the
terminal clamps on the leads, and a "female" brush cup, for cleaning the
terminals on the battery. For storage, they lock together, covering
both brushes. Real slick. (if I've bored anyone with this tangent
because it's such a common tool, I apologize. I'd never seen one before
and it fascinated me. Simple minds, simple pleasures.) I'll have to
check my catalogs too.

Oh, and Tom, < 10 isn't "extremely cold." < -25 is where I start
calling it "extreme." Unless the wind's blowing...then I bump the bar
to < 0.

--
-andy