Re: Brake Rotors

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 02:21:27 EST

Do yourself a favor, buy the premium rotors at NAPA,
and be done with it... I completed a brake (break?)
job on my brother's '95 SLT (formally mine)...135000
miles we had to replace the rotors & calipers. NAPA
is where most of our local brake shops get their parts
from, and by going direct I saved about $250 doing the
job ourselves. I've bought cheapo $50 rotors before
for the '95... Had to have them turned 10k miles
later, and now we are replacing them 12k after that.
My OEM rotors lasted 75k miles before being turned...

Pay a little more, and you'll be much happier.

Sam '00 RT