Bad ride

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 01:24:13 EST

On a side note to the r/t wheels I still have a bad right on the road
when you go aver samll bumps and it also just seems to start gittering
on it's own. I'm going to take it out on the highway tomorrow and run it
up to 70 or 80 to make sure the steady vibration is gone (pretty sure
that was tires wearing like crap). I'm also buying new bilstein shocks
for the front and rear tomorrow (the ones on the front are 8k old monroe
select-tracs). If this still doesn't help anyone recommend where I can
look? I've replace the swaybar end-links and verified that the bushing
were in good order. The upper and lower a-arm bushings seem to be fine
and when I put new rotors on last weekend I could get any play from the
ball-joints so they seem to be fine also. Is the bushing in the tranny
mount a possible culprit? And how about motor mounts? Are these a
problem area on the gen II daks? any help would be appreciated. BTW, the
dealer insisted they could not find anything wrong in the front and and
promptly blamed the tires after having it all day.

I also had the dealer look into the idle and they decided to flash the
pcm. When I got it back it is defiantly worse and had somone look into
it and they felt it was a little rough but that it is normal for the
magnum engines. Anyone heard of this? It is perfectly fine when you step
on the gas it's just when it settles into an idle. Any suggestions on
where to look? I would replace sensors but do not where to start and if
it would even help. It has a brand new set of wires, plugs, cap, &
rotor. It did this before and still does it after changing them. It just
seems that in the last 2 weeks it's starting to idle a little rougher.
Any help would again be appreciated.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport-318