Re: r/t wheels on a '96

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 13:32:34 EST

In a message dated 2/27/00 12:40:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
durling@attglobal.net writes:

> The very edge of the inside tread rubs the rubber inner wheel well protector
> but nothing else. I will not hide the fact that the top a-arms are close
> the
> top lip of the wheel but they do not hit and in testing they will not hit.
> have not lowered my truck but am thinking of dropping it around an inch in
> the
> front just to give it a better look in the wheel well. I have to check and
> make
> sure that the tire will not hit the top on the arch but I don't think it
> will. I
> was thinking of a set of billet wheels just couldn't afford them and got a
> great
> deal on the r/t wheels. Hope this helps.
Look for turning radius problems if and when you lower it. Everyone who has
dropped their truck has lost some. I don't know how much with only an inch of
drop but I lost close to an inch with a 2 inch drop using spindles. Just
passing on info FYI.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"