M1 question WAS RE: Tom (11secDak) ---->cams

From: Robert Cash (rcash@tbcnet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 11:12:43 EST

I was wondering what that single plane m1 does on the lower end, where does
the power band come in with a suitable matching cam. When I went to a comp
cam, I found that the comp cams (in the Jeep series) had 4 degrees of
advance ground into them I was wondering if that is the case now with the
Mopar comp cams offering, and whether it should be considered with the
single plane manifold.
Yup, that not being said anywhere in the manual, when I degreed 4 degrees of
advance, that gave me 8 total and I cooked off a set of exhaust valves and
headers during the cam break-in, it sure was pretty though.. Cherry red
primaries, and pink exhaust cones out of each exhaust pipe...
  I don't want to lose any grunt, it's an offroad thing. :)

Thanks,
  Bob