Re: Wheels

From: hoegen (hoegen@kersur.net)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 08:10:56 EST

I'd love to get the 17" wheels, but after speaking with a local Tire
warehouse I'm unsure. I'm looking at $190-$230 per wheel, then I gotta buy
the tires, which seem to go for about $160-$190 a piece. Does this seem
reasonable to DMLers?

Again let me say that my original intention was to fill in the wheel well
area. The dealer told me that 16" wouldn't make much of a difference in
terms of looks...that's why I've been lookin at the 17"s. Has anyone
installed 16"s?

>From what I have seen on the net, many of you simply stick with 15"
wheels....now maybe I know why $$$$$$$$ :-). I'm thinkin all that $ can be
spent on a custom TB, or maybe a tonneau cover, cat back......

Thanks for the feedback though....How'd you come across factory seconds? I
went to the TIRERACK and American Racing sites and I thought that the
selections were limited.