Re: Rear lowering

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 08:04:29 EST

Gregg Omo wrote:

> Quick questions:
>
> Does anybody make just a shackle kit for a 92 Dakota
> CC? I was thinking about going with a 2" drop shackle
> and a 1" block with a 2 or 4 degree, not sure, shim.
> I got to crawling around this weekend and I really
> don't want to have to drop the gas tank to get that
> one hanger out...can you grind and drill out the
> rivets? If grinding and drill is not to terribly time
> consuming, then I will go with a hanger shackle kit.
>
> enough rambling.
>
> TIA.
>
> Gregg
> 92 CC V6
> http://im.yahoo.com

Greg,
As far as the rivits go......center punch them, drill a 1/4" hole then
move to a 3/8 bit go about 3/8 deep, then wack em off with a hammer a
chisel. They'll pop right off. Make sure you have some new sharpened
drill bits. IMHO the grinding makes a mess and stinks. I've done it
both ways.
Bob

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper