Re: To those with Stillen bumper covers

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 21:05:34 EST

Chuck and Loreen wrote:

> I posted this earlier today, but I didn't see it come up on the list. So
> here goes again and sorry if this is a double post.
>
> I just had the time to test fit my Stillen bumper cover. I was wondering
> if I need to remove the lower valance before the Stillen goes on. It looks
> like the stock valance does need to come off, but I just want to be sure. If
> it does need to come off, what is that going to do to my factory fog lights?

  Chuck,
   Yes the stock valence has to come off. If I remember right the fog lights are
not
   attached to the valence, there on a seperate bracket. I think I had to
unmount
   them to get them out of the way then remount them. Easy with trying to bend
the
   brakets to realign them.....the brackets plastic

> Also, Stillen/Avalon neglected to send me the 3M tape to hold the bumper
> cover on. I know where I can find some, but want to know if this is the way
> to go or not. Does anyone have other ideas on how to mount the bumper
> cover?

    I didn't use the double stick or the screws.... mine fit real tight.
    Its been on for 1 1/2 years

    Bob

Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl
S/S Sport Mirrors, Sport Masters Burgandy Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, F+B TB,
Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850, Three sets of Infinity Kappa's,
MTX 275x's, MTX Thunderform with 10" 7000's and a MTX 2130
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995