Re: Is there any way to make the accessories have power until a door is ...

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 13:59:41 EST

In a message dated 3/13/00 6:06:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Sethmh@earthlink.net writes:

<< I was wondering if there are any products available to make the power to
the
 stereo and windows stay on after the engine is turned off until one of the
 doors is opened. My dads car has this feature and I think it would be great
 if I could do it to my truck. I know clifford has this option in one of
 their alarms but I dont really want an alarm. Anyone know any other way to
 do this?

Well in Pontiacs (just an example, my Mom's SSE) The radio EVERYTHING stay
on till a door is opened or about 5 mins runs up, I THINK it might jsut be a
big ass capacator, storing up all that energy then realeasing ti slows till
it runs out (about 5 mins) not sure, I think you might be able to tap into
the halo light on the steering column that stays on longer...

Greg