Re: RE: new FIPK clone

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 22:20:02 EST

That looks pretty awesome. Very nice job.

I have a few questions.

I am assuming that the hat thing is standard on the
Gen III?

Has anybody just used a drop-in K&N, used rigid pipe
(eliminating the flex plastic tube) and removed the
plastic shield from the grill on a
Gen II? A true ram air set up, but using the stock
metal filter housing with some minor mods?

Just wondering...cause I have the open element set-up
now and I am looking to lessen the sucking sound and
improve performance....

Thanks.

Gregg
92 V6 CC