Re: Re: Re: Was: New to List/Dakota rec. Now: Speed limiter

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 00:12:53 EST

I know what you mean, the few times I've taken it up over 100 I've
been rigid with fear that a tire was going to fall apart. That's why
I bought the H-speed rated tires- I know my truck will never go 130
mph (even if it didn't have the speed limiter), so that's one less
thing to fear. Haven't had an occasion to try 'em out yet- there's
no sufficiently flat land in the Willamette Valley. Must wait for
next vacation.
That degree of fear doesn't really compare with the terror of riding
a bicycle downhill as fast as possible, knowing if you hit a bump
wrong you're going to be face first in the pavement. (why I didn't
make it to 40 mph) Almost as scary as that was the time, due to a
traffic light, I hit the brakes on my bicycle so hard that the back
wheel came off the ground and jumped about a foot to the side. I
guess I get more nervous on the bicyle though, since when ever I fall
I seem to land on my head. (good thing I always wear my helmet!)
Flip
---- Begin Original Message ----
-snip-
since it seems like my tires would shred at a speed that high.
-snip-
moutain biking, karate, yadda
yadda......  And my adrenaline addiction will be kept happy.  :)

Frank WJ

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!