Re: porting my tb.

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 13:37:15 EST

HI Mark,
you can call me and we can talk about it more in depth......310-371-1141
but you have to be careful with opening up those bores an the old style TBs.
The casting jobs were really terrible.......MUCHO air bubbles. Dan just about
kicked my butt the first time we did one of those old styles.....he spent more
time patching up the air bubbles than putting it back together. We had to weld,
and remachine, then weld and remachine......but the final piece was a work of
art. Thats why the old styles tend to take a bit longer.....they are each
custom done. Each one has its own character.
If you are going to do it yourself.......dont get overly aggressive. Remove the
tops, and clean up the edges.....and slightly .......very slightly clean up the
bores.....but the old style TBs have those little air passages down by the
shafts, so be careful.
hope it helped.....
take care and stay safe.......Tony