RE: DML Cam Questions

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 19:22:10 EST

sorry for the repost, just hoping someone will respond!

Hey every one,

I know quite a bit of talk has occured about this subject in previous posts,
however, I'm still very ignorant regarding how to choose the right cam! My
truck is an automatic 4X4 and I drive primarily in the 700 - 5800 rmp range.
I am looking for something that is compatible with the stock computer but
will give me more off-idle torque and then pull strong up to 5800 rpms! I
occaisionally pull a 2,000 pound trailer. With that said, here are my
questionns?

- What brand and part # would you suggest?

- Has anyone out there with similar mods to mine done a cam upgrade, and if
so your thoughts or impressions?

- Did you do it yourself or have a shop do it for you? Approximate cost?

Thanks

Kurt Swanson

97 Dak Sport CC 4X4 318 auto, K&N Gen II, Mesa headers, Y-pipe and Hi-flo
cat, MSD Digital 6, SS-coil, Magna Flow (single 2.5" in, dual 2.5" out).
Waiting on time and weather to install the Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers,