Re: Brake Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 09:43:15 EST

> Wait a minute. I didn't say you should go over them lightly with
sandpaper.
> That would do about... nothing.

 I meant having them turned about 4 thousands of an inch on a brake lathe...

> That is what "should" be done (recommended by auto manufacturers) but on
my
> new rotors, I just slapped them on and put the pads on.
> -Dester

I know that is not what you said, that is what I said I did with the drums.
Going over them lightly with sandpaper just creates a a ruff surface for the
pads to grab onto rather than having the 'smooth' surface rotors/drums come
with. I know what you mean by having brakes turned, geesh.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6